I think aiming to get this post out sometime during the actual weekends might work better. I never manage to squeeze out my ‘Friday 5’ on an actual Friday. Usually by Friday, I find about 2 notes pertaining to this scrawled hastily into the columns of my datebook. The intention is there, but then, of course, life takes over, and I never find the time to elaborate on them by the time Friday is through.
If I make this a regular Saturday/Sunday thing, I’ll be happy to toss in another point, too. (For your enjoyment…and also for alliterative purposes!) Anyway, I’m here NOW, so here’s a snapshot of things currently occupying space in my head…
- New job. New job. New job! Yes, I have a new job, and I am both excited and a little intimidated. I am happy to say that I am doing well so far, but the job is…both more formal and less formal than my old job. I’m a little stressed, but the upsides include being allowed to wear basically whatever I want, and working downtown. (Next to records and fancy coffee…I have to be careful!)
- Blue lipstick. Fashion’s 90’s resurgence has found me rediscovering my “old self.” It’s interesting. I find myself increasingly into things/styles I used to love more than 15 years ago. Yep, I am still the same person! It’s a little thing, but this weekend I got a dark blue lipstick for myself…and I adore it!
- “Whenever you do a thing, act as if all the world were watching” -Thomas Jefferson
- Regular stretching. My back is still less-than ideal. I carry a lot of tension there. Lately, it has been hard as a rock, and one of my shoulders was starting to feel locked up. I don’t want to hurt even more, or be unable to do things, so I have been forcing myself to stretch out daily. No excuses! I am still creaky, like an un-oiled tinman, but my shoulder, at least, is starting to feel better.
- Sometimes Bluegrass is just so pretty. Daydream of summer with me and check this one out! 🙂 https://youtu.be/jevAJjqXtDQ
- Acknowledging, although it is uncomfortable, that I have fallen back into a sugar addiction. It’s not my favourite thing about myself, but I love sweet things. I try to make healthy choices, but I also love chocolate, the occasional ginger cookie, aaaaand my partner is a baker. This means that sometimes, the best of the best is fresh from the oven and right in front of me. I’m not a robot. It can be difficult to deny yourself life’s pleasures!
Lately, I haven’t been doing much denying. My diet has not been my number one concern. Granted, I still keep most of my old habits, like packing a healthy lunch and snacks and stuff, I just find myself indulging in addition to my pre-packed healthy stuff. I’ve already noticed a difference in things like how I feel and how my skin looks, so I’m not going to let that continue!
Rather than beat myself up, I am going to acknowledge my love of sweet things and work with it. Some indulgences are ok, but some I know I can do without. The real reward is feeling better, after all. Instant gratification is for newbs.
Hmm…maybe we need to light a few more candles for spring’s return..don’t think the message is getting through!